Wednesday August 15th , 2012
The New Mexico History Museum Theater
113 Lincoln Avenue Santa Fe, NM 87501
4pm-6pm – film screenings and panel with young filmmakers
OPEN TO PUBLIC + FREE OF CHARGE
Information for filmmakers:
Future Voices of New Mexico is now seeking film and video submissions from Native Youth (American Indian /Alaskan and Hawaiian Natives, and Canadian first Nations,) who are 23 years old and younger !
The 2012 film festival will be at the New Mexico history museum as a part of the Indian Market film events, and in collaboration with the National Museum of the American Indians Native Cinema showcase of Indigenous cinema. The Future Voices Native Youth film festival will have two sections during the screenings this year on August 15th, 2012. One section will be “ youth films” whose films are produced by filmmakers 0-17 years old in age. The second section will be “ Emerging filmmakers” whose films are produced by filmmakers 18-23 years old.
We are looking for short videos that are no longer than 15 minutes in length.
Short films under 10 minutes are preferred
- films must be produced by Native youth who are between the ages of 0-23 years old
- films must have been completed between June 2011 and July 2012 ( if any questions about this please contact us for specific cases that may not meet this requirement)
- films must be short pieces that are no longer than 15 minutes in length ( please note that preference will be given to shorter pieces 10 minutes and under do to time constraints).
- All films must have permission and legal consent from participants, actors, images and music to screen publicly.
Please submit the following information with your DVD submissions:
- Total run time and date of completion
- Brief description of video
- List the names of production team including director; if there is more than one director please list names and titles.
- Contact information: name, phone number, and email
- If with a youth media organization, please list the organization
- Tribal affiliation(s) / tribal community produced in, if applicable
SUBMIT ALL DVD ENTRIES no later than Wednesday July 11th, 2012
Mail DVD and submission information listed above to:
Lensic Performing Arts Center
c/o: Connie Schaekel
Community Relations Director
211 West San Francisco Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501
For all general inquiries and any other information please contact festival staff at: email@example.com